MSc, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
UKCP accredited, MBACP
Certified Advanced Sensorimotor Psychotherapist
5 October 2022
Please read the following carefully to understand how I will treat and regard your personal data in compliance with the GDPR and my insurers Towergate Insurance. I am more than happy to discuss any questions you may have. If you are happy with what I set out to do with your personal data please can you sign the consent below.
A. HOW I GATHER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Information that you provide by emailing me via my website www.counsellinginamersham.co.uk, BACP Find a Therapist, SPI website, UCKP, Counselling Directory, IFS directory or by phone to request further information about my psychotherapy or supervision service.
2. If you contact me by email email@example.com or mobile 07762885057; records of the correspondence may be kept.
3. The paper assessment form used in the face-to-face interview.
4. Brief content notes.
5. As we are meeting online using the communications software ZOOM I confirm I will not use the facility to record sessions.
B. WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data that I collect from you via any form of contact by email or phone will be kept securely.
2. The hand-written assessment form, with your contact details on, is kept securely within a lock-up cabinet and is kept separate from brief content notes which I have in my notebook or store on a computer.
3. The brief content notes are anonymised, using your initials only and are password protected.
C. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
1. I use your contact details to allow me to provide you with information of the service that you request from me; to allow you to tell me about changes in your availability, if you choose to do so, and to notify you about changes to my availability.
2. I use the brief content notes to carry out my obligation arising from the agreement entered into between you and me (separate to this policy). As part of my commitment to providing a professional service, I attend supervision regularly. This is bound by a confidentiality contract (separate to this policy) and furthermore to protect your identity I use your first name only.
D. HOW LONG I KEEP YOUR NOTES FOR
1. I will retain your contact details and brief sessions notes for as long as we are working together and up to a year after we end in case you decide to return to therapy with me. If, for some reason I intend to keep your information for longer I will discuss this with you.
2. Then as part of my ongoing commitment to your safety, the assessment hard copy will be safely disposed of and your contact details and informal notes will be securely removed from my smartphone and computer.
E. YOUR RIGHTS
1. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that I hold. All requests have a month to be carried out.
F. IN THE EVENT OF A DATA BREACH
1. I have a legal obligation to report a data breach to you and the INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE (ICO) within 72 hours.
G. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. In the event of my incapacity or death your personal contact information will be disclosed to my two clinical executors of my professional Will so that they can notify you.
2. If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. For example, if I am subpoenaed to court, or as a legal requirement such as safeguarding children or vulnerable adults, terrorism or money laundering.